Thursday 23 April 2020

forgiveness

I wished you well. I always have. But the scar you left me still hurts from time to time. I forgave you but I've come to a point where I want you to understand the pain you've caused me so that you know not to do it to someone else. I know He knows everything that has been done to me. He knows how I’ve been hurt. And I trust that He is fair. That's enough for me. I still wish you well. I hope you know that too.


An eye for an eye. You’ve hurt me and therefore, it’s only right that I punish you for it. This is justice. This is me seeking balance.

But whose the victim, really? The one who can’t forgive and move on from the mistakes of others done to them that they hold it against them, bearing the weight of hatred and burdening their hearts with spite or the one who has to face this sense of revenge done towards them?

Let it go. You’re tiring yourself. You’re striving to hurt others because you’re hurt. How does it make you feel? Does it make you feel better? Do you feel like you have the power? The upperhand? Just because you can’t or won’t forgive?

Where has the sense of mercy gone to? Much less forgivessness? You’re hurt. Learn to heal. You can’t forget the pain, make du’a. In all instances, Allah sees. Allah knows. Who are we to take His place? Who are we to hope for His Mercy and Forgiveness if we aren’t able to do so for others?

If you’d like a second chance after you’ve done wrong, others do too. Hate the sin not the sinner. While the sin is wrong, the sinner can change. Forgive because perhaps the sin itself is in you. You have a bigger heart my dear, a heart that has compassion. A heart that sees the best in even the worst people. Let go of your past pain. You have so much ahead of you to be holding yourself back like this. You deserve to move on.
This is too painful to even write.

nn.liliy

No comments:

Post a Comment